Saturday 17 July 2010

Southmead Festival Success


By pretty much unanimous agreement, this year's Southmead Festival was one of the most successful ever - the sun came out for the afternoon and highlights included a superb Celine Dion karaoke by a local (male) resident, and some very exciting football - as well as live bands which got everybody moving.

I presented the Football Tournament prizes to Southmead Colts, and got briefly caught up in 'riding the train' of dancers to the live band...

I'm hoping everyone else was having enough fun not to notice...

Well done to all who organised the event - I went to the first Southmead Festival meeting many months ago, and I know people had been working for a long time to carry off such a successful, happy event. I can say without doubt: All the work paid off. Thank you!

No comments: