Thursday 24 January 2008

On a Roll in Southmead

Surveying the quality of cafes and pubs around Bristol NW is a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

'On A Roll' in Southmead, (Arnside Road, just off Greystoke Avenue) dished up a very substantial, and very fine tuna jacket potato at a very reasonable price. I was reliably told by the proprietor that I had chosen wrong and should have gone for the pork-spicy-bean extravaganza filling. I suspect those I went to talk to after may be glad I didn't. The tuna jacket was a good hearty helping, with proper crisp salad.


'On A Roll' is open 8am-5pm, Monday - Friday, and 9am-4pm on Saturdays. They are thinking of opening on Sundays too, if there is demand - so show your support and pop in. You'll have a very warm welcome, and lovely food at a price you can afford. What more can you ask?

No comments: